21.8.10

The Most Moral Army In The World?

The word was "occupation"....She cited a routine example of a Palestinian woman waiting at the crossing. Michelzon called her officer, asking permission to allow the woman through. She was told to make such a request once the woman had been kept waiting for hours. "I felt very alone in the army. I couldn't talk about the things I felt were misplaced," she said. "I didn't have strong views but I felt uncomfortable about the talk, about soldiers hitting Arabs and laughing. I thought everyone else was normal and I was the one who wasn't. I felt an outsider to the group experience."


...She said that she also saw elderly Palestinians being humiliated on the streets, "and I thought these could be my parents or grandparents".

No comments:

 
Since March 29th 2006